[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
9646: Re: other questions on Vodoun (fwd)
From: Martha O'Brien <firstname.lastname@example.org>
While we are on the subject of questions about Vodoun--the students in my Freshman seminar about Haiti asked some questions which I was unable to answer. I would appreciate any help you can give us. (These questions came from the students--I have edited them slightly for precision and grammar.)
1) ( When people are possessed,) " Are the spirits trying to talk through the people to send a message? If so, what kind of message would they send?"
2) "When a person becomes obsessed by the lwa, are others at
the ceremony allowed to ask the lwa questions to find
out answers? "
3) "Is there a good chance that every practicing
member of Vodoun will be possessed at some point in (his or her life)?
4) If you have been possessed (once), is there a greater
chance that you will be possessed again? Or is it a once
in a lifetime occurrence?
5) "Can children be possessed?"
6) " What is the purpose of Vodoun
ceremonies? Do they praise God or is it more a matter of
looking to the lwas for answers?" (Or both?)
Instructor of Music
Saint Francis University
Loretto, PA 15940