9688: Re: 9666: Foreign Policy Faux-pas (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Haiti and the Dominican Republic are not friends.
Dominicans don’t forget we had occupied them for 21
years even though we had abolished slavery over there.
Haitians won’t ever forget the Turillo Army massacred
Haitian native in the Dominican Republic. The massacre
river according my Grandma was transformed to a river
of blood for three days at Ouanaminthe. Today, our
brothers and sisters are being treated like slave in
the Dominican Republic. I do not believe base on
historical facts and tension that exists between these
two countries that Haiti was going to vote in favor of
the Dominican Republic. Sharing the same Island has
nothing to do to vote in favor of the Dominican
Republic. This negative vote could have weighted more
if the two running countries were tied. But, I believe
it could have been much better for Haiti to abstain.
We have a large number of Haitians working in the
Dominican Republic, it is politically correct to vote
yes, we should abstain.

Joseph Alfred, Teacher
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081