9859: RE: 9846: BBC: Haiti: Signal FM radio team reacts to journalist' s murder: "Enough is enough" (fwd)

From: "Walton, Robert" <waltonr@emh1.ftmeade.army.mil>

There seems to be no end to the unpunished murders and oppression of those
who oppose Arisistide & family.  The message media is getting from the
"thugs who support the saint" is--  "if you oppose Aristide & family, we'll
kill you and we've got the political backing to go unpunished."   The thugs
political and financial well-being are tied to a power base within Lavalas
which cannot rid itself of them.  Aristide, the legislature and the courts
seem impotent in this matter. IMHO, the mayhem won't cease until someone who
owns a rifle removes the thugs who enrich themselves in Aristides' shadow.

Bob