a181: Durban uses misleading title (Saint-Vil replies) (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Dear M. Durban,

1) I sent the complete Feb 2, 2001 Washington Post article and invited the
reader to look at it - so if my intention was to mislead, I could have done
otherwise.

2) The people on this list are neither the Forrest Gump or Bubba types. I
trust they can read the article and decide for themselves whether there is
cause for concern when, as clearly indicated in the article, fugitive coup
plotters receive help from the U.S. embassy. This is the point - and I
suspect you and everyone else understood quite well what the real issue is
here!

3) The fact that Mr. Steinberg has shared information with the Preval-Alexis
government does not garantee innocence. And I suspect you and everyone else
realise that also. I have no way of knowing what kind of monkey business was
going on between all or some of the players involved. But what is clearly
stated in the article, is the fact that YOUR government's embassy helped the
fugitives flee from the law. That is not consistent with TRUE FRIENDSHIP
between the supposedly two oldest democracies of this hemisphere (to
paraphrase U.S. Congressman Hilliard).

I am sorry, if as a lowly «pitit pèp» I dare question the actions and
motives of the gods of Athenian democracy. Those it suits can simply pretend
the Washington Post never published that article or better yet, they can
simply white out all the parts which make them a little uncomfortale.

M. Durban, let's make a deal:

You ask your government to stop financing the conspiracies...we'll ask ours
to stop fueling the theories.

Jafrikayiti

«...and the Haitian artist sang: G$d la bless Amerikkka, tout ti peyi yo gen
blese..M pa ka riiii»