a418: Re: a406: "Culture and Customs (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 01/18/2002 7:22:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
JHUDICOURTB@aol.com  writes:

<< I heard this quote by Mark Twain on TV the other night it probably applies
in
 this case:
 "There are many funny things in this world one of which is the notion by the
 white man that he is less savage than all the other savages."

AMEN to this.......I say over and over to anyone who will listen to me: We
are no different than Haiti in social structure, in levels of democracy and
in class.  We just love to look down our noses but we have no real reason to.
 Lucky for us, our rich folks let us be nice and comfortable....but they do
hold the power.  People are people are people.  Haiti's poor just want to
have a chance to effect their future.  They deserve a chance.

Kathy Dorce~