a607: Bouki, Ti Malice (fwd)

From: LeGrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

Further notes on source of Bouki-TiMalice stories:
 Jacques Roumain in Africanisms Haitiens, [Port-au-Prince: Imprimerie M.
 Rodriguez, 1978] says that Bouki and Ti Malice stories are similar to
 Bouki and Leuk stories from the "Cycle d' Araigne" of the forest people
 of West Africa. ...The formula at the end of the Haitian stories is
 highly similar to that at the end of stories told by the Bambara, "I was
 kicked in my behind and it landed me right here in this place; I'm
 telling you the story I took from there."  (p. 41)