a744: re a734: Pina on Signal FM: Chamberlain comments (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

> Finally I can bust these guys for the skewed and slanted reporting

This is exactly the attitude of the December 17 street mobs that burned
and rampaged and destroyed priceless archives recording efforts
by brave Haitians over many years to try to tackle the country's problems.

Why do these guys in the media need to be "finally busted" ?

Surely the people who need "busting" are the likes of (bogus) "popular
organisation" gangsters like Paul Raymond, approvingly quoted here,
who last year publicly threatened to kill journalists and others and who
the police are currently afraid to arrest despite warrants being issued.

Regimes going downhill of their own accord usually do so in familiar
stages.  This one has already done the uninvestigated Murder of a
Leading Media Figure stage, and The Book Burning stage.  What next?
Kevin however chooses to dismiss the Jean Dominique killing as a
trivial event seized on by devious foreign human rights groups.  And
now we have Paul Raymond elevated to respectability.  What next?
No doubt more such "slant and miscolor of reality" that Kevin likes to
accuse the media of.

Some of us saw and heard all these kinds of mental contortions
under the Duvaliers.

        Greg Chamberlain