a825: Re: a802: Bois Caiman and Bois Caiman (fwd)

From: Moibibi@aol.com

II would like to inform Tal & Adele Woolsey that Satan never existed in Haiti
until the Christians impose him as part of their mythology.

Satan is a pure Christian creation. It doesn't exist in Vodoun. The Bois
Caiman's prayer which follows was addressed to our God:

The God who created the sun which gives us light, who rouses the waves and
rules the storm, though hidden in the clouds, he watches us. He sees all what
the white man does. The God of the white man inspires him to crime, but our
God calls upon us to do good works. Our God who is good to us orders us to
revenge our wrongs. He will direct our arms and aid us. Throw away the
symbols of the God of the whites who has often caused us to weep, and listen
to the voice of liberty, which speaks in the hearts of us all.  ( translation
from C.L.R. James, Black Jacobins, 1963, p. 87)

I might appreciate the idea of providing clear water to Haiti if I didn't
know that our waters were clean, special pools along the rivers were sacred
to Simbi and anyone could drink water from there. Unfortunately, missionaries
have been teaching the people of Haiti that Simbi didn't exist, that Simbi
(also) was Satan. It is how our water started to be polluted.  I feel that it
is pure justice that those who did the damage offer some solution.

I am dismayed at the idea that, today, Christian pastors seem to wish we had
remained in slavery and to enslave us again propagate the idea that our God
is Satan. It denotes a complete lack of respect of other cultures and beliefs
and, furthermore, a totally unacceptable imperialist attitude.

We are the descendants of freedom fighters and intend to remain free.

Bébé Pierre Louis
" Madigra m pa pè ou, se moun ou ye "
" A le ki le, madigra mele ak bon mas "