#399: If not kudzu, what will it be? Antoine responds

From: Guy Antoine <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

I am like you suspicious of introducing foreign elements into a
native ecosystem.  The mongoose were introduced in the
north of Haiti to control the local snake population, and quickly
multiplied and made a pest of themselves.

But as the French say "Aux grand maux, les grands remèdes".
This is the point made by my correspondent in the following
response to the concerns evoked in Corbettland:

(In communicating these notes, I am not in the least championing
kudzu.  I had never heard of it until two days ago.  But I share the
conviction that something absolutely drastic has to happen to
stop major parts of Haiti from becoming irreversibly desert-like.
What will it be? -- Guy)