#452: Taino re-settling Hayti, Wiley comments

From:Scwiley@aol.com

In May I was in PaP and met a member of the Taino community that is settling
on La Gonave.  He was staying at the home of Carla and Ron Bluntschli.  I was
quite taken with him, a deeply peaceful man, but I cannot comment on the
relationship between his community and the Haitians from LaGonave.  I also
saw Chris Lowe from La Gonave on the same trip, and she did not report on any
bad feelings between her neighbors and the Taino community.  I think Carla
Bluntschli was going to try to take a trip to La Gonave sometime this fall.
She might be a resource for information on the Taino community, which did
move to Haiti because they have stories of the island in their oral history.

Shelley Wiley