#993: Haitian Liberation Theologies : Schweissing asks

From: Daniel Schweissing <dan_schweissing@hotmail.com>

I am interested in learning more about what kinds of materials are available
on Haitian liberation theologies.

I am familiar with the more obvious works which have been translated or
written in English such as Aristide's _Parish of the Poor_  and numerous
articles by Aristide and Roger Desir that have appeared in religious
journals over the years such as _Witness_, _Sojourners_, and _The Other
Side_.

Are these English works an accurate representation of Haitian liberation
theology or are there other works by other theologians written in
French/Kreyol or translated into English that I am not aware of?

Also, after doing numerous library searches, it seems that there is almost
no published scholarly analysis of Haitian liberation theology.  Am I
correct in concluding that this is a relatively uncharted area in academics
or have I simply been unsuccessful in locating the right resources?

Daniel M. Schweissing
dan_schweissing@hotmail.com

Visit the Center for Haitian Ministries' Website at
www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/5491