#1416: Jews in Haiti : A reply and source

From: LMB <lauretteb@yahoo.com>

Dear Barbara:

I believe that the Biggio family is Jewish (at the least the one that
everyone knows about) and that there must be more than just one Jewish
family in Haiti.

I would recommend a book by David Nicholls, titled "Haiti in Caribbean
Context." This book is about the "Levantine Movement" in the Caribbean in
General and has a specic tilt on Haiti.
He is also the author of "From Dessalines to Duvaliers: Race, Colour, and
National Independence in Haiti."