#3998: Lynn Garrison, news of: Pina responds to Chamberlain (fwd)

From: kevin pina <cariborganics@hotmail.com>

Greg,

I really do not understand the big deal. I know the original article, which
was reported by Radio Tropic, did get sent to Reuters and AP, not by me
alone.  I do not have personal contact with the two individuals you
mentioned but if they were in Haiti between May 12-15 they would have seen
footage of the busts and heard statements by the Haitian National Police. It
was one of "the stories" on television and radio in Haiti that particular
weekend. It's a matter of record and would have been difficult to miss.  The
matter is still developing and opportunity is not lost upon anyone with
credentials to follow up and corroborate the story today.

Secondly, I have never said anything about an "international media plot not
to report "serious news about Haiti." What I have said is that the
perspective of the "mainstream" media can be biased with relation to the
situation, and especially Aristide and Lavalas, in Haiti. I have already
written on the subject and sent numerous postings with various articles and
points to back up my assertions. I would be happy to re-e-mail them to you
or anyone else on the list who may have forgotten.

As for the rest of your posting I do not know what to say except don't shoot
the messenger and thanks for the information on Bauduy. I did not know that.

Lastly, I think you and I should avoid making this a personal battle between
us, let's just present our positions and information so that others feel
comfortable jumping in on the discussion. Let's not prove one author's
recent posting stating that Corbett's list has become a ghetto, although
that should not matter. I have always believed it is better to dwell in a
ghetto of free intellectual discourse than to live in an ivory tower built
of sour grapes.

kp