#4011: US Military, a racist, and Haiti : Grey replies to Ruckle

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< Of course... I would like to ask a Socratic question, as a Christian
"theologian"
 (studious layman) to a Vodouisant: Is complex theology better? >>

Not necessarily.  It is not necessarily better or worse, it is what it is.

<<The #1 critique of polytheism and syncretism by traditional Christians is
precisely the difficulty of arriving at a consistent truth upon which to base
a lasting, loving relationship. Does Vodou offer strength in the face of
adversity?>>

After the hundreds of years of Haitian history, through which Haitians have
been inspired and supported by the Vodou faith, you ask this question?  Did
you think it was a Christian ceremony there at Bois Caiman?  Do you think it
is the Christian church which keeps rural majority class Haitians bonded in
communities?

<< I see this quality in Haitians, but not in their religious beliefs, which
puzzles me.
 --
 James R. Ruckle >>

It puzzles me that you don't see it, James, honestly.  Come on to our house!
:-)

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html";>http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>