#4201: Coffee business by Kevin Pina and others

[Corbett notes: folks in general I don't do advertising of businesses
on the list.  However, Kevin Pina ask for this one time announcement.
Since he has been such a vigorous participant on economic development
issues I did think it would be worth it to bring this to your attention.
However, I will generally maintain a policy of not offering an open
list policy for commercial announcements.]

=============

Caribbean Harvest, LLC
Dedicated to fair trade, sustainable development and the health of our
planet.

Dear Friends of Haiti,

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could contribute towards building
communities in Haiti while helping to protect the environment simply by
drinking a cup of coffee? Well now you can!!

Caribbean Harvest is a company with an entirely unique and new approach
to doing business in Haiti and the Caribbean.  It began with an idea,
inspired by the late Father Jan-Marie Vincent, that small peasant farmers
of Haiti could reap greater benefits from their products by having direct
access to international markets.  Caribbean Harvest works to market and
purchase products by paying a fair advance price and sharing the net
profits from sales directly with farmer's cooperatives 50%-50%.

The majority of Haitian coffee grows wild throughout mountains and
elevated plateaus. The trees are usually planted under the thick canopy
of other taller trees to provide ample shade and growing conditions.
These areas provide for the maintenance of a natural habitat for
indigenous wildlife, including Haiti's songbird population, and serve to
stave off deforestation and the destruction of top soil which has
increased at an alarming rate over the past few years.

Caribbean Harvest works with farmers who are committed to expanding the
forest canopy and coffee production through the introduction of organic
growing and restoration techniques. The eventual goal is to obtain
"organic certification" allowing farmers to fetch even greater benefits
in the future from the sales of their coffee.

Caribbean Harvest is currently featuring Cafi Citadelle, produced by the
Cooperative Association of Milot Peasants(KOAPM) located in northern
Haiti near the coastal city of Cape Haitien. This Haitian varietal coffee
is grown in the mountains around the famous national monument of La
Citadelle, an impressive fortress built in the mid-eighteenth century to
protect Haiti against a French invasion and a return to slavery.

If you or someone you know is a coffee lover, we ask that you consider
making a purchase of Cafi Citadelle to help us launch this important
initiative. We are certain you will be pleased with the quality and
flavor of this distinct coffee and with the satisfaction of knowing your
purchasing power is making a difference.

Order Cafi Citadelle and you'll also be added to our mailing list and
receive updates on the status of our projects and the development of new
products from Caribbean producers. We hope you will take this opportunity
to support the small peasant farmers of Haiti and their communities. It
really is as easy as drinking a cup of coffee!!

Cafi Citadelle
(Price does not include shipping. Please consult
http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/rate.html for rates.)

1   lb.	..$8.95

5   lbs.	..$8.50

10 lbs.	..$7.75