#4456: Re: #4444: This Week in Haiti 18:15 6/28/00 (fwd)

From: Stan Goff <stangoff@all4democracy.org>

I would add to this report that by the implicit standards of the
erstaz-oppostion and their US/OAS collaborators, US election law should be
given far greater scrutiny.  Begin with the exclusion of third parties by
expensive and complicated ballot access laws, the near complete financing
and management of the entire process by less than one percent of the
population, the single-member/winner take all districts that continue to
disfranchise black and brown voters, the antiquated electoral college system
for presidential elections, and of course the most unrepresentative body in
the nation--the Senate.

The US needs to remove the beam from its own eye.