#4711: Re: #4703: CEP Conducted Complete Count and Ignored IT (fwd)

From:HYSEKA@aol.com

The Professor wrote:

<The CEP adopted the top-four method AFTER the May 21st election, even though
the counting method had been the largest bone of contention to the 1997
elections.>

Professor, if you mean that the CEP used the top-four method AFTER the
December 16, 1990 elections (method which they used then), I will agree with
you wholeheartedly. This is true. But if you mean to say that the CEP adopted
the top-four method ONLY AFTER the May 21, 2000 elections, I will call that
bogus. For you and I know that such method was used in 1990, 1995 and 1997
without any objection.

Also Professor, regarding the 1997 elections, the main (and probably only)
issue of contention was, that OPL accused Lavalas of having used tricks in
the process. Now, if your argument is correct and that, "the counting method
had been the largest bone of contention to the 1997 elections", how come the
investigative report that came out (which I read) discussed the issue of
vote-rigging, rather than counting procedure for the senatorials? Please make
it clear for me (us) here.

Hyppolite Pierre