5374: Re: 5349: Louisiana looks to Haiti to revive French language (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

Very important documents on Louisiana Creole & French ara also
available at

The Creole Institute.
Voice: (812) 855-4988
Fax: (812) 855-2386"
Email:creole@indiana.edu
http://php.indiana.edu/~valdman/

(e.g)

*The Dictionary of Louisiana Creole*

Edited by Albert Valdman, Thomas A. Klingler,
Margaret M. Marshall, and Kevin J. Rottet

"The only comprehensive dictionary of Louisiana Creole

The dictionary features:

      an informative user's guide
      a grammatical sketch of the language
      a guide to variant pronunciations
      English and French meaning equivalents
      identification of where examples were collected
      two indexes: a French-Creole index and an English-Creole index
      rich cultural information, with many examples of folklore,
traditional medicine, religious beliefs, and agricultural
practices..."

*  "A lexical tudy of Creole speech of Point Coupee Parish, Louisiana."
(1992) by Thomas A. Klingler's Ph.D diss. Indiana University