6637: Re: 6625: Haitian debt (fwd)

From: Dave Fonda <fonphoto@snip.net>

Jack;

I spoke with Michelle Karshon about this about a year and a half ago when the movement for debt forgiveness was just getting close to becoming a reality.  My recollection of the conversation is a little vague at this point, but my thoughts were the same, that this promised to be very helpful to Haiti;  her response was that the impact would be minimal as most of Haiti¹s debt did not qualify for forgiveness under that program.  I don¹t recall the exact reason, but perhaps she or someone else can explain it more fully.

R E S P E C T;

     Dave Fonda

       F O N D A    P H O T O G R A P H I C
        Corporate, Editorial & Documentary
         610.279.8525      610.279.5978-f
 www.shootinphilly.com/portfolio/members/dfonda.html

'Sa je pa we, ke pa tounen.'

'What the eye doesn't see, doesn't move the heart.'