8152: Re: 8132: Democracy and the law (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<<  It is understood that outrageous things may
 have committed during a dictatorship or a military
 regime. But, we cannot continue the same practice and
 then say that we have democracy. If an individual is
 arrested today, he/she has to be benefited from that
 new era. According ARTICLE 26: No one may be kept
 under arrest more than forty-eight (48) hours  >>
etc....

Senou, I'm sure we all agree.  But where were these righteous voices of
protest when the Cedras regime was doing arbitrary, warrantless arrests as a
matter of course, scores of times a day?

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html