14095: Chamberlain replies to Racine 14092: Khawly (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

>  Kathy Grey (Racine) wrote:

> I think the statement was that one of Gerald's brother Jacques' sons is
in
> prison *accused of* drug trafficking, which seems to be the accusation.
> Whether it is true or not I have no idea.  Jacques Khawly's house was
> searched by a joint HNP / United States DEA team, and they found nothing.
> The also searched the quarters of the Comissaire of Jacmel (something
like
> the district attorney) and found nothing.

Kathy, the comments that I passed on did _not_ say he was "in prison
*accused of* drug trafficking".

The person whose comments were quoted here said he was "in prison in
connection with the landing of a Colombian plane."

We know what that _might_ mean, but that's what it said.  It may not mean
he is _formally_ accused of anything.  From someone like yourself who makes
a point of criticising (nay, abusing) journalists for inaccuracy, this is a
bit rich when you twist what was written down only a day or so ago.  First
Ross misreads a simple thing, now you.

Do you now understand how frustrated journalists are when they see their
critics' failure to get it right themselves?  Our friend Kevin Pina,
another enthusiastic abuser of the media, constantly makes errors of fact
in his criticism, as has often been pointed out here.  And that's only the
facts people bother to correct.

But we still don't know if Khawly's son is in jail or not.  Thanks anyway
for the extra info.  More generally, your robust refusal to be politically
correct is much appreciated (as in latest post on "white man's burden").

        Greg Chamberlain