14128: Edouard: Re: 14126: Arthur : the Aristide speech is on this URL (fwd)

From: Felix Edouard <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

Thanks Arthur for the link to the Palace Website. However, I believe we are
looking for a copy of the speech or a translation of the speech which was
done in creole. As the New York Times notes "Mr. Aristide amended his
remarks in a later speech, in French, the language
of the upper classes, to say that all Haitians must work together for the
common good." I do hope Michele Karshan will clear the air a provide a copy.

FYI, all this dispute about what was said and not said in Les Cayes does not
exist in Haiti. It's more like 1) he said it "how dare he speak such racist
comments...look at his wife" or 2) he said it "so what...he was speaking the
truth".