Corbett to be off line for a number of days

FROM BOB CORBETT:

Folks, on Tuesday morning I'm headed into the hospital to get a whole
new left knee.  I'm both excited at the prospect of being able to walk
again, and terrified of the pain I'll be dealing with for several weeks.

If this all goes well in about 4-6 months (according to my doctor) I will
then get a new right knee.  He didn't say what then, but I guess it means
by summer I should be back on the soccer field.  :)

Alas and alack, I will be away from the computer for 3-4 days in the
hospital, and just not too sure what my situation will be when I get back
home, so the list will be shut down from Tuesday morning until at LEAST
Friday evening.  Whether I will be up to getting on-line after I get home
from the hospital on Friday or not -- well, we'll see.

The nurse in charge told me, however, that they want me up every day after
getting home and that I will be doing 3 sessions of 2 hours of therapy
each day and that after I finish those sessions there is no reason for me
not to use the computer were I up to it.  So I will try to get the list
back up and running by Friday night or Saturday if at all possible.

The list will remain as active as I can make it.  Patience please for a
bit.

Bob Corbett