14236: NY/Brooklyn area contacts needed

From: "[iso-8859-1] kiskey@libero.it" <kiskey@libero.it>

[Please respond directly to Annamarie at the address above this line.]

Dear Mr. Corbett,

I am an Italian (Neapolitan) member of your newsletter.   I completed my doctorate in Haitian literature in French and Creole in 1997 and am the Italian translator of Franketienne.   We have corresponded in the past on the occasion of your European trip.
I am presently in Brooklyn, NY for vacations, where I hear there is an important Haitian community.
I would like to establish some contacts with Haitian scholars in NY and was wondering if you could assist me in this matter.  I am particularly interested in gathering information about the recent orientations of the Haitian culture of the diaspora, exploring possible cultural events in the New York area and, if possible at all, getting in contact with Haitian writers living here.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Sincerely,

Annamaria Coppola