14326: Saint-Vil from "Pye Sabliye" to "poto REMANBRE" in 2004 (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

It is quite likely that the Africans of Haiti saw linguistic as well as
phenotypic similarities between “le sablier”, aptly described by other list
members, and the infamous “tree of forgetfulness” which they walked around
before the middle passage voyage begun. Thus, le sablier quite naturally became
“pye sabliye”.

In fact, one of the ideas I proposed to the Haitian government a while back is
to build a major “REMANBRE” structure on the island representing in part the
Tree of Remembrance. A place whereby each person would undertake a ritual to
unwind the collective Alzheimer  which has caused us, now a
Europeaniza-zonbified and Chritianized nation to lose our much-needed African
center.

“From the slave market in the city, the slaves were the men were forced to walk
9 times, the women 7, around the “Tree of Forgetfulness”. The intention of this
ritual was for their souls to forget and never return to Africa to haunt the
kings who sold them.”

http://home.online.no/~annekie/slavery.htm

Jafrikayiti

«Libčte pran pou ou pran l !»  (Freedom is taken, not given !)

http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/