14326: LeGraceBensonRe: 14315: Christophe: Re: 14297: Cleo714: Yes Cleo there is a "Pye Sabliye" (fwd)

From: LeGrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

(Did not see earlier postings on this topic, hope I'm not repeating what
everyone already knows.)The kernel of fruit of the sablier, I was told in
Pilate, where there is a fine, huge one, is used medicinally by some Dokte
Fey. A Canadian nurse tried it and found herself being a patient with severe
stomach cramps and the trots.  It is apparently poisonous and requires
expertise in use as a pharmaceutical. No surprise, compare with Rue, a
lovely blue-green, glaucous plant listed in many old medicinal books. It can
be lethal. However, a Chinese woman told me her family had always used it in
a tisane to cure certain ailments.