=?x-unknown?q?14328=3A__JJeanPierre1=3A__=5BISO-8859-1=5D_Re=3A?==?x-unknown?q?_=28Corbett_#14299_by_Mr_=28Ms=29=A0Anonym=5BISO-?==?x-unknown?q?8859-1=5D_ous_=28fwd=29?=

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
From: JJEANPIERRE1

Since the very reasonable (my take of course) Lance Durban got into the fray,
I want to stress that professor's Stotzky is not some scholar sitting pretty
in Florida and writing about a place of which he knows nothing.  The guy has
made many trips to Haiti.  This idea of someone to write about Haiti or
understand "Haiti's complex sociopolitical reality" must speak fluent Creole
is preposterous.  If this was the (or even a) prerequisite, then you
(Anonymous) should  disqualify 80% of foreigners writing on and working in
Haiti.  Damn! I was born there and I still don't understand
this elusive "reality" you wrote of.  It is a "reality" that makes us
Haitians act as enemies when we do not agree on one issue, notwithstanding
the fact that we agree on the other 99%.  Are you talking of this "reality"
of intolerance?
That "reality" based on all or nothing?

Maybe Stotzky annoys you because he takes the position that Aristide should
finish his term.   Just say so.  It is safe as you did not divulge your name.

The foreign aid part -which most countries from Israel, Egypt to Mexico
receive- was only a passing point in Stotzky's short piece in the Herald.

Listen, I have written several times that the Haitian government believes in
Santa Claus if it thinks they will ever release those funds soon.  But it is
still not right that those imperialistic institutions -World Bank, IMF-   are
charging
interest to the country of those frozen loans.

Mr (Ms) Anonymous please make an effort to read Irwin Stotzky's book on Haiti
titled:
"Silencing The Guns in Haiti" from The University of Chicago Press
ISBN 0-226-77626-3.  Then you will earn the right to make such sweeping
statement.

jean jean-pierre