14337: Mayas: Mr. (Ms.) Anonymous, (Re #14332) (fwd)

From: jocelyne mayas <makandale@yahoo.com>

Mr. (Ms) Anonymous,   (re#14332)
I'm not very good at those continuous colloquies as I
find that most often we Haitians don't pay attention
to each other but rather yearn to make points as in
some football game.

Let me, however, take another (and last) stab at it.

On a)reading Professor Stotzky's book
b) Aristide finishing his term  (although I prefaced
by statement by "Maybe" as this was not an affirmation
but rather a hypothesis)
I stand corrected.  I thank you for that.

However, you keep talking about this "Haiti's complex
sociopolitical reality" without giving an iota of
explication on what this "reality" is.
I suspect, you really can't.  That's OK. I can't
either.
Let me reprise what I said earlier:  I don't have any
idea on what you're talking about.
I was born in Haiti and what I learned was we do not
tolerate dissent even when we agree in almost
everything.   Right now good friends are not speaking
with each other
because they differ on if Aristide, who was elected
like George Bush (I'm not saying anything about
Florida and the generosity of the US Supreme Court
toward W) should finish his term.
By the way I did not question your reasons for writing
anonymously on Corbetland.

Finally, as Kevin Pina aptly said, we must learn to
argue the facts before we dismiss one's argument
simply because he (she) is financially connected with
the party he (she) defends.
Did you know that almost every single think tank
(Heritage Foundation, Brooking Institute, Council on
Hemispheric Affairs, International Republican
Institute etc...)
-conservative and liberal- in Washington receives
funding from political parties or
people associated with either both major political
parties or big businesses through their Washington
based lobbyists?  That's called funneling funds.
Everybody does it.
For us Haitians this is a new phenomenon.  Let's get
use to it.  But let us debate ideas and not some
nebulous concepts such as "Haiti's complex
sociopolitical reality".
Things will begin changing in Haiti the day we all
decide that we Haitians must  respect the country's
laws.  (Please don't comeback saying that I said it is
going to magically change everything)  We know how  to
do that.  When functioning in (traveling to, dealing
with) the US we Haitians respect its laws.  Why not
Haiti's?
jean jean-pierre