14378: Sanba: Re:14373: Hermantin: South Florida Sun-Sentinel :A Difference In Dis cipline (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

I think that this isuue of corporal punishment must be seriously addressed in the context of both familial and -in the other hand- real life in its coercive aspect.
If it's not good for parents to corporally punish as enforcement, what is going to justify the use of a symbol such as a baton by police even in UK? I do not know of Swiss Police?
The answer to that is going to enlighten our definition of the obvious line between parental punishment and abuse.