14451: Sanba: Re:14443: Anonymous: Re: 14438: Vishnusurf: Re: 14434: Anonymous Post re: Aristide's real evel of popular support (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Very conjectural! Even conceding that it happened in France, then, does not mean by any measure, that it is happening today in Port-au-Prince. Above all, when we are talking about Aristide, the most popular man in the field, according to international reports, yet to be adjusted. We know that they would be if need was. If we give in to such thoughts (that Aristide has to pay money to get people mobilized) then there is no rationale in the fact that, today, the opposition be so scared of elections, above all when they would be in control of the CEP.

Now I want to consider that I am wrong? Sometimes you do that for the sake of comprehensive analysis. Why is it then, that the opposite side does not do the same, which is paying would-be protesters? Is it that its constituency has no money to do so? We are talking about the famous Convergence, the political ally and tool of IRI and the Republicans in Power both in USA and the OAS which, by the way is to supervise the election the opposition is dodging. We are talking about a group where you find:
      a mix of the disbanded army the head of which has been in control of the drugs the USA DEA complains about, sincerely I guess
      the ISC that is exclusive of the Chimères "ou les puants d'Aristide"
      the petty-bourgeois trying to please the bourgeois, and the bourgeois themselves

Am I told to believe that all those people cannot pay, if need be, what Aristide can pay to get such a monumental result in terms of keeping the "beton" busy? What then can we expect from this group with so much money in hands. Are they going to show more independance than Lavalas vis-à-vis the money from "the blan"? Which one? The same that was robbed from Lavalas, the legitimate borrower. Let us not open this can of worms. Let's rather continue with our questions about why is it that all those people from Convergence cannot or would not pay to keep the beton busy? Is it that all of those people are so much above sin or corruption? Or did such members never try to corrupt anybody? Question of sainthood, isn't it?