14505: Pierre Jean: Re: 14480: (Chamberlain) Haitian authorities seek to arrest activist (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean01@yahoo.com>

Holy cow!

Himmler Rebu an ACTIVIST? I cannot believe what I am
reading. Clearly, Michael Deibert did not live in
Haiti when Rebu was the head of the "Corps des
Leopards" under Duvalier, one of the best trained and
most hated part of the Haitian army.

That Rebu would rise again, like a phoenix out of its
ashes (make that smelly ashes) is already incredible.
That he has managed to regain some form of credibility
to now be called an "activist" is beyond
comprehension.

Maybe Deibert could better balance his reporting by
interviewing victims of that "elite corps" during teh
Duvalier years. Then readers will get a better sense
of who Himmler Rebu really is.