14515: Charles: Mozayik News and Upcoming Shows (fwd)

From: Philippe Charles <pcharles@us.ibm.com>

New Year's Greetings to one and all.

Recent News
    We are happy to announce that Mozayik performed in the 2002 Havana Jazz
Festival in Havana, Cuba in December.  We were invited, along with Emeline
Michel and her band, to be the first Haitian artists to participate in the
Festival's 20 year history.  This was a great honor for us, and the
performances were a big success.  Many thanks to the Artistic Director and
Grand Maestro of the piano, Mr. Chucho Valdes, for inviting us to be in the
lineup, and to Jean Jean-Pierre and Jocelyn Mayas for making it all happen.

    Mozayik has been putting the finishing touches on our second CD, and we
are planning to release the finished project in the spring of 2003.  We are
very excited about our new material including; a collaboration with
renowned Haitian artist Beethova Obas; much new original material utilizing
a broad selection of traditional Haitian rhythms and many other surprises.

Upcoming Shows
    Mozayik has two performances coming up in the NYC area; Sunday, January
19th and Sunday, February 2nd.  All the information is below.  We hope to
see you there.

Wishing you all the best,
MOZAYIK:
Eddy Bourjolly
Gashford Guillaume
Welmyr Jean-Pierre
Markus Schwartz
Gene Torres

Sunday, January 19, 2003
Location: Amity Baptist Church
164-18 108 Ave
b/ Merrick Blvd. and Guy Brewer Blvd.,  (In the York College area)
Jamaica, Queens NY
Showtime: 4:00 pm sharp
Admission: $10.00
For more information: call the Amity Baptist Church at (718) 739-8278

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Day Celebration featuring: Mozayik, the JP
Sonic Music Band, and saxophonist Courtney Fadlin

Sunday, February 2, 2003
Jazz@4 featuring Mozayik
Location: 1907 Ditmas Ave. corner E.19th St., Brooklyn
Showtime: 4:30 pm (Doors open at 4:00 pm for food and wine)
Admission: $25.00 includes music, buffet and wine.
For more information call: Harriet Robertson at (718) 856-7436
Advance tickets available.

Monthly Jazz Series in a private home in Brooklyn, NY