14513: Chevalier: Re: 14504: Mason: Re Chavalier 14502 (fwd)

From: Reginald Chevalier <rchevalier@winstar.com>

Marilin,
I really appreciate you observation but I was only speaking in a general
matter.
I also noticed your extensive knowledge on Haiti and its government.
Therefore I'm not going to argue with you nor defend myself.
I just want to mention on thing. When I said we need "someone" I meant a
leader
that will form a constitution that would change the way politician or any
one involved
in reshaping every aspects, either political, institutional or commercial
of a republic.
I know for a fact that one person can't change anything by him or herself.
In fact that person can choose and pick a group of individual who reflect
his intellectual
and idealistic adaptation to that constitution, if elected.
It doesn't matter how many Democratic elections being organized in Haiti.
If the wrong
guy get elected there's no coming out of  that hole.
Aristide is a soit-disant Democrat elected president by the people but look
what he's
doing to  them.
I just got back from Haiti and everyone I've talked to, rich or poor wants
him out  and
no one is holding back.
I agree with you when you say to the Haitians: Grow up! Get real! Organize
a campaign
instead of  a hit squads... But you should also mention: Elect someone
competent
and capable to govern instead of a clown who is blowing hot air in their ears.