14560: Sanba: Re:14557: Bazile: Re: 14549: Senou: Guess who is exploiting elderl y Haitian Parents (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Senou nailed more than "dekabès" on this one. Question of hitting several birds with one stone!
Anytime somebody raises an issue that can trigger both serious debates and genuine reflexion from both sides of the aisle, it's a good thing for our communities. Not only does Senou's post prove, if needs be, that politics does not stand alone in the realm of human interests, but to the extent that sociology meets politics it offers a much more positive and beneficial way to enlarge the definition itself of politics.
For example, Haitians being crazy about politics, the post we are referring to can be exploited as an educational, even theological opening to another brand of discussion that lead students -we are one of those, somehow- to discover how intimately everything addressing human interest is somehow political, whether through ideology or simply customs and common practice.
Dr. Bazile's statement is a start:
[I do not agree with your first paragraph stating that our parents are paying for what they have done to SaintAnise.]
One aspect we can study is the implied retributive justice, that makes consequences immanent. Is that always so? If not, what is the implication for the whole essay? If yes, then what is the need for our tribunals? And from there, we can touch the laws and their making, and the much needed ethics that may condemn our legislators or bail them out as honest or less honest -never dishonest we should hope- persons.
Loveable direction, isn't it?