14590: Sanba: Re:14510: Pierre Jean: Re: 14481: Sanba: Re:14460: Vishnusurf: R e: 14451: Sanba: Re:14443: Anonymous: Re: 14438: Vishnusurf: Re : 14434... (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Yes I maintain that because it (bribing demonstrators) happened in France then, does not mean by any measure, that it is happening today in Port-au-Prince. By the way, the quote is out of context without my last words that did express some doubts translated into this question, that I am paraphrasing, here: Do you mean that people have been bribed into invading "La Bastille"?

Now the real issue is to prove that so many demonstrators must be paid to take on to the streets in Port-au-Prince. We are talking about tens of thousands. What a formidable structure we are complaining Haiti is in such a dire need, that would imply!

Logic would tell that at the most those in charge of organizing the demonstrations can or must get paid. I do not think that fault can be found at that. Except to serve the purpose of belittling the obvious popularity of President Aristide that will stay put until the masses -not the petty-bourgeois- decide otherwise.

In brief, it’s surprising and amazing, but detrimental to your argument that in the midst of such an environment made of briberies towards so frequent and largely populous a demonstration (so, do you claim) all you could predict I would be able to meet in front of the Ministère de l’Intérieur is less than a dozen young men who would complain that they were yet to be paid. I don’t need to dress up, be in a car to analyze that. I believe also that walking even slowly instead of stopping and conversing would defeat the purpose, wouldn’t it?

My view is that we (pro or con), and in the spirit of 1803, must assess the situation, based on facts not wishes, and then plan and construct a real pressure group or system that can counter any anti-national endeavour wherever it originates, towards bringing about the real change we dream about. It takes work supplementing the one that gives so much stubborn a popularity to the present President.