14591: Sanba: Re:14509: Lyall: more on gaz and taxes (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Dear Mr. David

If I understand, you are contesting that the government ever subsidize the gas in Haiti. We have to agree that it's "new news".
My question then is: why is it that the discontent took so long and expressed in terms we are hearing today? Gas la vin twò chè! Why is it that such discontent is taking place consequentially to the decision from the government to stop (I don't know how to call it)"whatevering" the gas?
Only when you clarify your assertion or assumption can you go and comparing what was taking place then and what is taking place today, if relevant at all.