14705: Khelladi: [Fwd: "Road of Memory" (fwd)

From: Yacine Khelladi <yacine@yacine.net>
   From: "DOABN" <doabn@haiti.maf.net>

ENGLISH
: We have adapted the "Road of Memory" for those who feel they cannot
walk up the mountain ! If the walk up the mountain has prevented you
from participating in the "Road of Memory" so far, your problem is
solved now.  The bus will take you up there but we still suggest to
people who can that they walk the path because it is a path the Maroon
Ancestors (African ancestors who ran from enslavement) took, it is a
path of liberty.  This part of the program can bring an added spiritual
experience to the overall experience of the day. The next "Road of
Memory" will be held on Saturday, February 15, 2003.Registration is at
500 Gourdes per person.Limit date of registration : Wednesday, February
12. The program will start at 7:00 am, at DOA/BN's place : Delmas 50,
#10 (ph. 260-0813, 246-0477).  The first part of the program being a
group guided visualization, we won't be able to take late comers. We
will end around 2:00 pm.  You should expect to have to stand under the
sun for extended periods of time, as well as an ascending mountain hike,
for around 40 minutes (a bus will be available for those who can't take
the walking path).  A light snack will be offered. We will speak in
Ayitian Creole, translated in English if necessary.  We can organize a
special day in French, if the demand justifies it. What is the "Road of
Memory" ? It is an experience of reliving a part of history, to give you
a foretaste of what will be offered in the "Memory Village" currently
under elaboration by the "N a Sonje" Foundation.  The program will take
half a day.  There are 3 main parts : 1- Ancestral Africa.We will travel
together, in imagination, back to Africa, during the ancestral times,
before colonization. 2- Slavery.We will relive the experience of the
african and creole slaves.  A small chain will be tied to your ankle and
you will enter the condition of the slaves.  A "commander" will tell you
what to do.  We will go to and visit the site of an ancient colonial
sugar plantation in the area of Croix-des-Bouquets. 3- Maroons and
Liberty.We will talk a walking path up the hills to arrive to a
traditional haitian village, where we will celebrate our liberty.  Then
we will sit together to debrief the experience.  Our hope is that this
will serve as a therapy for the many illnesses and imbalances that have
been plaguing our society since the times of slavery.