14848: Dorce: Re: 14761: Burnham: Jean-Claude Bajeux and Leviathan (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 2/10/03 5:15:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, an article By
Jean-Claude Bajeux writes:

<< “The present
 government is the result of an election which was manipulated in a way that
 none of us would accept as normal in our own country.” >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
When I first read this I thought they were talking about Bush and the Florida
"sleight of hand" election.  Where was France and their outrage then?  The
election of Aristide was never in question, why do they keep harping on this?
 The problem these people have (like Jean-Claude Bajeux) is they are trying
to figure out how they can control things and take power without having to be
elected.  They claim to be privy to the methods to improve life in Haiti but
they never have fixed Haiti before, how is it they all of a sudden got smart?
 I think if they were smart they would learn how to negotiate, reach
consensus, compromise and achieve win-win solutions.  To me, that seems like
a pie-in-the-sky dream at this point.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>It was with a feeling of profound distress that I lived through the two days
of December 11th and December 17th – days that saw the brutal execution of
the journalist, Brignol Lindor; and the arson of the Democratic
Convergence’s and member parties’ offices, and of the homes of some twenty
citizens, including Victor Benoît and Gérard Pierre-Charles.>>I
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I would share his profound distress if this man saw his way clear to include
brutal murders of Lavalas supporters occuring at the same time and before.  I
guess it's only wrong if it happens to your guys, when it happens to the
other side, it's justified.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>all the paradigmatic expressions of barbarism.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There's the word that tells us how he feels about the masses....pity all that
intellectualism has to co-exist among the barbarians....
Jean-Claude, if you want to see the end of the war in Haiti, stop trying to
kill democracy.  They are telling you that 1991 will not happen again.  If
you stop trying to kill it, it will stop trying to kill you.  Your outrage is
misplaced.  Work to stop corruption, which is class-wide.  See all the bad
around you not just the bad done by the peasant class.  Work together.  That
is the only way to save Haiti.  Those 8 million people are not going to
disappear.

Kathy Dorce~