14898: Dreyfuss: RE: 14882: Marassa: MarraSsa on Marassa : Corbett replies:

From: Joel Dreyfuss <jdreyfuss@attglobal.net>

I hope we're not in for an epidemic of dialect writing on this list; I
thought that Du Tuyeau/Viand'Moulu was interesting for a while, although he
was clearly faking it. His character worked and was often insightful about
Haiti. This stuff below is embarrassing, even racist. Come on, folks, we
don't need Brer Rabbit to enliven this list. There are enouhg important
issues and you can be funny without resorting to bad imitations of Chandler
Harris.

Joel Dreyfuss
jdreyfuss@attglobal.net
212-932-1448

Folks, so time ago I switched to putting the POSTER'S name or e-mail
address in the subject line.  This allows people to delete any message
from someone you don't want to read without even opening it.

That can't take more than 5 seconds.  Use your own judgment on WHO
you do and don't want to read.

Bob