15063: Burnham: men with guns: illegal land grab at Wynn farm? (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

I write this e-mail with some trepidation. Those of you who understand what
is going on here will, no doubt, understand why.

I met Melissa Day this week. She's the daughter of Janie Wynn of Wynn farm.
She was selling 50 gourde raffle tickets to help raise money for a legal
fund to protect Wynn farm from the predations of land-grabbers. I don't know
all the specifics, but the list should be aware of what is happening.

Melissa tells me that a group of people, under an armed escort of
plainclothes CIMO, is trying to run the Wynn's off the farm. Thursday and
yesterday they showed up with large guns and they spray-painted the
farm-house with "to be demolished" graffiti. They ate a large amount of
fruit and pulled up a number of plantings. They also threatened the security
guard and tried to get him to hand over the keys to the house. The Wynns
have been told they are no longer welcome on their farm. This has all come
about since two roads were built beginning in December.

Melissa also tells me the rumours they have heard are that there is a
planned "high cost" subdivision to be built on part of the site.

The road builders and the CIMO personnel all claim that the Wynns might as
well just leave, since they don't understand who they are dealing with. They
are claiming tacit approval from some important and powerful people.

Melissa is trying to shed some light on the situation to let as many people
as possible know what is going on. I said I would post here to let our
village in on the happenings there. She's decided to fight and i greatly
admire her courage. If some of the other Corbetteers have information on
Victor Wynn, on the history of the Farm etc., could they please post it
here.

For those of you who have been there, could you please let the list know of
your experiences.

sigh.

best,
Thor Burnham