15065: Knowles: Re: 15054: Knowles comment on NYT Article: Do the Good Guys Finish First? (fwd)

From: Phil Knowles <Phildk@prodigy.net>

Very interesting article!

It opens with the Lockwood case during the Haiti intervention.  The Lockwood
case is somewhat disturbing, but is cited here to open discussion of
military duty vs idealism. That's a worthy topic, but it in no way takes
away from the fact that our 20,000 troops behaved well and ended a reign of
terror by ending the Cedras regime.

The rest of the article regarding issues during war, with recent examples,
is timely as we approach the Iraq invasion.  The issues are difficult and
deserve exposure and discussion.

Phil Knowles