Fwd: Closing down for two weeks

>From Bob Corbett

Folks,

Last night I was giving a lecture on the history of my
neighborhood and using my computer to project photos and maps.
At the     very end of my (long, long) lecture, my
computer went out.  A friend tells me thant when my back
was turned it flashed "low battery."  And that was sort of what
I expected, that I had somehow knocked the plug out and the
battery ran out.  But, this morning when I set it all up at
home the computer is completely dead save some dire message
that says -- in effect -- BIG TROUBLES.

So, I'm out at Webster U. this morning sending out this note to say
that I will be shutting down until I get back from Ireland.

My brother John and I leave tomorrow for Ireland and won't be back
until April 9th.  Please don't send messages until I get back since
I don't want to clog up my mail box.

Even then, I don't know how soon I will even have a home computer to
get back to normal.  And, since I hadn't backed up for about 6 to
9 months I don't know how much data I'm may have lost as well.  (If
any.)  At least the web site is on Webster U.'s system and safe there.

If I can get a few more messages out this morning I will, but I
can't promise that, I have so much to do preparing to leave in the morning.

Best to all,

P.S. I'm about to leave the library, so I won't get any return messages to
this note until middle April.

Bob Corbett