15314: Senou: Can we use this forum to write a letter to OAS: Yes, We can (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

For correction

Folks: OAS will meet on the 23rd can we write a letter
and send it to the representative of each country?
Please make any correction, the final version will be
sent the Emissaries.

Emissary of the United States of America  (Send a
letter to each)
Emissary of Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, France and so on
Washington DC, DC 30002

Dear Emissary,

On the 23rd of this month, The OAS will convene on the
Haitian crisis and you will represent your country. A
Deadline was imposed for the Full Compliance of
Resolution 822, which was voted unanimity by this
Organization and accepted by the current government of
Haiti, the Convergence and the Opposition.
On April 3rd, 2003 you had a session on Haiti and the
committee that had imposed the Deadline had presented
its findings and you were asked to communicate with
your respective government, since you did not have
enough data to make a recommendation.

You were given 20 days to analyze the data, but I can
tell you that the case of Haiti is not new to anyone
in this body. OAS has been on this case for three
years, a deadline had been imposed and not respected,
and now what is the next step?
 	This body has a responsibility whether you like it
or not to assist the Haitian people in this sad
moment. You had voted Resolution 822, it was accepted.
You had imposed a deadline it was not respected. Now
it is time to raise the Haitian case to a higher
level, which I call the moment of Decisive Decision.
May be we are playing with the words: A deadline is a
deadline and there should be some consequences if a
deadline is not honored.
For the past three years, the International Community,
the European Community and the World Bank had withheld
loans and economic assistance to Haiti the poorest
country in the region. Today, we cannot even talk
about the Haitian economy; it does not exist and the
country is getting poorer by the minutes.
On the 23rd of this month, you are going to make some
recommendations and subsequently vote on them. I ask
you to have the Haitian people in mind and do whatever
you can to alleviate their suffering. This up coming
meeting might be for you a meeting like all the others
but for the Haitian people in Haiti, it is a matter of
life or death. You know the conditions that must be
met in order for the European Community, Canada, the
United States of America and the World Bank to
unfreeze some badly needed Financial Assistance.
There is no need to consider any more Resolutions,
Resolution 822 is fine, and you had already imposed a
deadline, now OAS needs to give an Ultimatum for its
Full implementation. This Ultimatum shall go to all
sectors and there must be consequences. If the current
Haitian government does its part, arresting the
fugitives, restructuring the Police National,
arresting those who had involved in the disturbance
that took place in December 2001 and provide full
security to the citizen; then the opposition must send
its representing officer to create the CEP. All
sectors should be given one week to implement
Resolution 822 or face severe consequences. The First
question, does OAS has a mean to enforce an Ultimatum?
  OAS shall give the right to any member state the
right to enforce the implementation of Resolution 822
by any mean, or ask any volunteer to creation a
coalition of the Willing to resolve the Haitian crisis
once and for all.
Sincerely,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/haiti2004

Senou