15484: Arthur asks about the US Ambassador and the IRI (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

Charles Arthur writes:

I am grateful to the Haiti Democracy Project for drawing my attention to the
apparent problems that the US Ambassador has with the International
Republican Institute's Stanley Lucas.

According to the transcript of the 28 April 2003 Senate Foreign Relations
Committee nomination hearing for Roger Noriega to be confirmed as assistant
secretary of state, Senator Dodd wants confirmation that Stanely Lucas will
be removed from the IRI programme in Haiti.

The full text can be read at:
http://www.haitipolicy.org/page.php?cat=art&articleID=718

It would interesting to know what Mr. Lucas has done wrong, and perhaps more
importantly what exactly is the IRI's programme in Haiti (all the more so in
light of the events of the last couple of days in Haiti.) So come on all you
IRI people on the list, make up a false name and dish the dirt.