15542: Corbett replies on duplications: Re: Mason: Why The Recent Corbett List Double Posts?

Marilyn,

You are not the only one who's noticed this.  I'm not sure what's going
on.  It could be one of two things:

1.  I doubt this one, but something could be going on with Webster's
e-mail system.  I haven't used any computer but this home one in ages.
I didn't send any notes during my trip to Ireland..  So, I don't think
that's it.

2.  Rather -- because I am frantically busy these days (I have a lecture
to give in late June that's very important to me and I'm spending hours
on it every day), and because the amount of mail to my second mailing
list, my list on Dogtown history, has dramatically increased in the past
few months, perhaps I've just been rush so much that the duplications are
occurring.  I rather suspect this is what's going on, but I'm just not
fully sure.

I'll try to be more careful in the coming weeks and see if the problem
doesn't go away.

The key for list members is this:  do the duplications carry DIFFERENT
NUMBERS?  If they do, it's my error.  I assign the numbers and if the
same post comes with two (or more) different numbers, then the problem is
me.

On the other hand, if the duplications come with the SAME numbers, then
the problem isn't me, but the system.

Can those of you noticing duplication tell me which it is -- same numbered
post coming more than once, or say CONTENT post coming with two different
numbers.

Sorry about this

Bob