15788: Saint-Vil: Clarify Hurricane reference and focus on Philistin (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Thank you anonymous for correcting my english and offering me an opportunity
to rectify. Sincere apologies to those who may have misunderstood this
because I probably misplaced a comma or period somewhere in my text and the
word "other" definitely confused my intent where I wrote:

"> In view of the terrifying story of Clarence Brandley
 > http://www.jewdonboney.com/brandleyhome.html, the Hurricane Carter and
 > countless other Africans legally assassinated in the U.S. in recent
years,
 > these allegations of intimidation and gross injustice carried out in
Borgela
 > Philistin?s case do deserve the attention of justice loving people.

My intention was to indicate how terrifying indeed I find the stories of
Clarence Brandley, Rubin Hurricane Carter (robbed of so many years of their
lifes) as well as those of COUNTLESS Africans in America who HAVE been
legally assassinated by that country's justice system. I did not mean to
infer that the people who control that system were successful in their
attempt to murder Carter and Brandley.

The central question here is whether Borgela Philistin, the Haitian human
being who is currently on death row, facing that same clearly untrustworthy
system, has been treated with fairness and human decency.

Have the duly elected representatives of the Haitian people assumed their
responsibility towards this man, in the same way it is expecting individual
Haitians, everywhere, to stand on guard for the nation in her struggle
against these same archaic forces?

The question I asked about NCHR was rethorical because, since they accepted
their prize from the U.S. embassy a few years ago, I realised that these
folks are not defending Haitian rights but the interests of those who
decorate them.

But, what about within the Haitian Government. Who's got Borgela's back? Who
?

Jafrikayiti
«It is never too late to do the right thing! never too late !»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/