15917: lyall comments on kourant (fwd)

From: j.daudi <wastemaster@lyalls.net>

>Haii progress wrote:

Ah. Kourant. I hadn't heard this report.

One  idea about kourant has occurred to me before. WInd farms. Many countries
are starting to derive significant amounts of kourant from windmills.
Kalifornya has
tons of them north of LA and east of SF. Rich environmentalists are
complaning because
the clean power is blighting their view.

In Hayti blights to our view are the least of our worries. It seems
that allowing a
wind farm contractor to put a few megawatts worth of windmills up  on la Boule
wouldn't be too hard. You would have to guarantee purchases at some rate, but
they are surely committed to power purchases from these diesel
generator companies.

Someone could start some palm oil plantations instead of buying
television companies
as well. A million dollars invested in palm oil plantings could
produce bio diesel for
the old fashioned generating plants. An Eco economy for 2004? Bon
idea. Bon kalite.