16019: Sanba: Re: 16012: Karshan Re: 16010: Goodman re military (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

 People forget or make believe they forget. For good reasons, I wish.
 People go so far as to refer to Aristide's stand for the children in
 Haiti as demagoguery. They forget (I sincerely wish) about La Fanmi se
 Lavi, its history, its goals and pursuits. They forget the brutal way of
 punishment those beneficiaries endured. They forget who handed those
 punishments, the way they forget the real meaning of dictatorship. It's
 very unfortunate, because among them are those whose both ways critics
 could do great to the country as a whole, and especially to the young
 minds.