16204: lyall: Haitien Bleu (fwd)

From: j.david lyall <j.david@lyalls.net>

I found some of that almost mythical Haitian Bleu coffee a while back. In Beaumont, up on the mountain on the road from Jeremie to Aux Cayes. That
is where it comes from. I was in Beaumont for the cafe festival. Actually for the Rallye de Beaumont, which ends up in Beaumont.

About 20 motorcycles and five or six 4 wheelers arrived in Beaumont late in the afternoon. Went out into la ville to see the ti festival they had and
discovered a room for the cafe co-op. This co-op is said to have been started with USAID funding, but I saw their name nowhere on the posters they
had now. I bought six bags of Haitian Bleu and told the lady there that I had never seen it for sale anywhere. She said that some shop in Les/Aux
Cayes carried it to her personal knowledge.

They had very nice posters, one of which I sweet talked out of the woman in charge. Dokte Philippe claimed it tho, considering it his right. This poster
said "kafe se riche de peyi Haiti" or something like that.

There were some even nicer posters on plasticized cloth for the brand Haitian Bleu itself. These were unobtainium. There is some office in PauP
where the organization works. If someone could find it we could raid them for some of these posters.

The distributor is marabou, who have other brands on the shelves of the markets in port/pville.

It is good coffee. I need to find some wrapping paper to carry four of these off to the post office.

J.David Lyall
http://www.lyalls.net/