16577: FRacineArt: Re: 16570: Perrault: Taller Puertorriqueo looking for presenters

From: FRacineArt@aol.com

Dear Mr. Perrault:

I am Gladys Racine, Executive Director of the Toussaint Louverture
Historical
Society, a not-for-profit, 501 c(3) Organization based in Washington. D.C.
and
dedicated to the dissemination of cultural and historical information on
Haiti
and Toussaint Louverture. I was pleased to read, from the Corbett list,
your
announcement regarding  "Women in the Haitian Revolution" We do have
transparencies that we made of those women from the Calendar (with the
permission of the author) for a presentation a year ago. on the occasion
of the
anniversary of the Battle of Vertieres. We have since added a few more
pictures
that were not in the Calendar. Also, a prominent Haitian artist is working
on
some historical paintings depicting "maroon women", according to research,
for
an exhibit that the Toussaint Louverture Historical Society will present
at the
Musee du Pantheon National Haitien, in December 2003,  for the
Bicentennial of
Haiti's Independence.

Kindly,  keep us informed on the projected Shomberg symposium series.

Regards. Gladys Racine